CITY of KING, NC
CENTRAL PARK- (336) 983-8265
- beautiful natural wooded area, pond, outdoor amphitheater, children's playground, historic log cabin, walking trails...
- located off Kirby Road
- skateboards and bicycles not permitted
KING LITTLE LEAGUE
Keep up with all the King Little League News.
RECREATION ACRES - (336) 983-6606
- 2-story community building available for reservation for civic and social activities
- picnic shelter with grills available for reservation
- 6 lighted ball fields, lighted walking trail, "par course" training area, tennis court, basketball court, children's play area
- location of King's Cabin
- located at the intersection of West Dalton Rd and White Rd
MITCHELL'S NURSERY & GREENHOUSE, INC.
- agricultural/greenhouse tours
- located at 1088 West Dalton Road
- (336) 983-4107 or e-mail
TOWN of DANBURY, NC
HISTORIC DANBURY - Known has "The Gateway to the Mountains" since 1849, Danbury retains much of the character
it developed as a mineral springs resort community.
HANGING ROCK STATE PARK - sheer cliffs and peaks of bare rock, quiet forests and cascading waterfalls, views of the piedmont plateau that stretch for miles...
- trails, camping, swimming, hiking, and a great visitors center
TOWN of PILOT MOUNTAIN, NC
PILOT MOUNTAIN STATE PARK - Approach from any direction and see Pilot Mountain rising more than 1,400 feet above the rolling countryside of the upper Piedmont plateau. Dedicated as a National Natural Landmark in 1976, this solitary peak is the centerpiece of Pilot Mountain State Park.
TOWN of PINNACLE, NC
HORNE CREEK LIVING HISTORY FARM - (336)325-2298
- 100-acre, operational farm that uses c. 1900 tools, household items and even breeds of livestock and varieties of plants which were available to farmers of that area.